Site Organization

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Project CBR-PoS: intro post

To preface:

My interest in motorcycles originated from my love of classic road bikes.  After tearing down and overhauling road bikes from the 70's, 80's, 90's, and 2000's, I found myself at a crossroad as I could no longer justify newer bikes as I refuse to purchase a bike retail due to financial limitations.  So I considered logical progressions and decided I had a few options.

1. Motorcycles
2. Mountain bikes (Modern Full Suspension)
3. Unicycles

Seeing as unicycles are a wee bit on the simple side when it comes to technology and any decent FS mountain bike is less than 5-8 years old... motorcycles were a logical choice.

Plus motorcycles are badass.

So, I asked my pops for some advice and 2 weeks later I had a M1 license.

In the past 2.5 months I have had the pleasure of owning three motorcycles, some of which have already moved on to greener pastures.  (sold)

My newest acquisition, a 1990 Honda CBR600F is going to be a project bike that I can design and tinker with to my liking.

Cheers,